International Journal of ePortfolio (IJeP)
The International Journal of ePortfolio (IJeP) is a double-blind, peer-reviewed, open-access journal. The mission of IJeP is to encourage the study of practices and pedagogies associated with ePortfolio in educational settings.
The International Journal of ePortfolio (IJeP) is a double-blind, peer-reviewed, open access journal that is freely available online. It is published twice a year (typically in April and October). Subscriptions and fees are not required to access this journal or to be published in this journal; however, readers desiring hard copies of most issues can order them for a small fee via our Current Issue and Past Issues links in the menu bar.
The mission of IJeP is to encourage the study of practices and pedagogies associated with ePortfolio in educational settings. The journal’s focus includes the explanation, interpretation, application, and dissemination of researchers’, practitioners’, and developers’ experiences relevant to ePortfolio. It also serves to provide a multi-faceted, single source of information for those engaging in projects and practices associated with ePortfolio.
Subscribe to IJeP
Let us know if you want to be notified when new issues of the International Journal of ePortfolio are published.
About the Journal
A refereed (blind) peer-reviewed journal, IJeP embraces inquiry into ePortfolio in educational settings holistically; therefore, manuscripts considering the following areas of investigation are welcomed:
- instruction and principles of learning that utilize and inform practical, effective ePortfolio methodologies;
- evaluation and assessment methodologies and practices supported by ePortfolio;
- case studies and best practices regarding applications of ePortfolio for learning, assessment, and professional development supported by scholarship of teaching and learning practices and research methodologies;
- theoretically rich accounts of the principles grounding ePortfolio work and its relationship to larger social and cultural phenomena; and
- innovative development and applications of technologies that enable new ePortfolio practices.
IJeP employs a rolling submission process. Please see the current Call for Papers for manuscript submission guidelines and deadlines. Those submitting manuscripts to IJeP can expect the review process to take less than 90 days.
Launched at Virginia Tech in 2011 by C. Edward Watson and Peter E. Doolittle, the International Journal of ePortfolio is now a publication of the American Association of Colleges and Universities.
Peruse these IJeP highlights or explore the full site via the above navigation menu.
Interested in more scholarly work on ePortfolio?
Check out AAC&U's PEARL--Publications on ePortfolio: Archives of the Research Landscape, which is an online archive of peer-reviewed publications focused on ePortfolio. PEARL provides the public with access to the list of articles, including our unique categorization system that illustrates trends in the current landscape of ePortfolio literature.