An increasing aversion to difference and the growing number of racial incidents have left colleges and universities with the challenge of how to affect change and to heal from the legacies and harms of racism. This webinar will discuss the efforts of the first ten Truth, Racial Healing & Transformation (TRHT) Campus Centers in...
AAC&U webinars highlight the work being done at colleges and universities around the country to address challenges and identify best practices for enhancing the teaching and learning experience, demonstrating the value of liberal education, and preparing students to contribute to a diverse democracy and global citizenship.
- Webinar - Truth, Racial Healing & Transformation (TRHT) Campus Centers: Preparing the Next Generation of Leaders to Confront RacismMarch 6, 201903:00 to 04:00 EST
- Webinar - The Evolving Contributions of Teaching Centers in Rewriting the Value Narrative of EducationMarch 19, 201902:00 to 03:00 EDT
Teaching and learning centers are playing new roles at the heart of many initiatives aimed at transforming higher education’s promise and delivery of learning. This session will explore the shift of teaching and learning from the sidelines to a more central and transformative position in higher education.
- Webinar - Connecting the Branches: Insights from the National Academies Report on Integrative LearningApril 9, 201903:00 to 04:00 EDT
- April 16, 201903:00 to 04:00 EDT
- May 21, 201902:00 to 03:00 EDT
- May 30, 201902:00 to 03:00 EDT
Today, the demand for global competitiveness in undergraduate science education is situated within a shifting sociopolitical context that is increasingly made complex by the troubling history of race relations in America. This contemporary reality requires that we boldly embrace a more dynamic conceptualization of excellence in undergraduate science education—one that advances innovation and...
- June 12, 201902:00 to 03:00 EDT
This webinar is part of a Bringing Theory to Practice (BTtoP) project on the links between student well-being and educational equity. Academic research and campus practice have emphasized the importance of well-being as a condition of student success and a core goal of educating the whole student. In recent years, the importance of student well-being as an equity imperative has become more and...
- June 14, 201902:00 to 03:00 EDT