2024 Institute on High-Impact Practices and Student Success
As a leader in evidence-based high-impact practices, AAC&U has designed this institute to empower institutions, higher education systems, and consortia to be more intentional in developing strategies to achieve equity in student success outcomes for the betterment of students, institutions, and society. This Institute provides practical guidance, mentorship, and resources for campus teams to:
- Create a comprehensive action plan to advance equity in student success outcomes across diverse student populations through the implementation of High-Impact Practices (HIPs).
- Refresh existing strategies for the design, implementation, and assessment of HIPs.
- Discover innovative approaches to creating effective curricular and co-curricular designs for learning and assessment practices that connect with students' unique strengths. Bring effective high-impact practices to scale through professional and leadership development, with a focus on collecting and using data to inform decision-making.
- Bring effective high-impact practices to scale through professional and leadership development, with a focus on collecting and using data to inform decision-making.
- Gain invaluable insights into assessing student achievement and measuring the impact of HIPs and proficiency in learning outcomes.
- Build institutional capacity for faculty-led, equity-focused direct assessment of student learning outcomes as a result of student participation in high-impact practices.
- Utilize artificial intelligence (AI) in the design and implementation of HIPs, while understanding the limitations.
- Bridge divides and build collaborations across programs and divisions to promote access to high-impact practices, increase student engagement, and generate better alignment of knowledge attainment with degree completion and career-readiness goals.