2022 Capital PKAL Regional Network Conference: Call for Proposals
Proposal Submission Deadline: February 11, 2022
Proposals exploring the conference theme Instructional Innovations Necessitated by COVID-19: Evolution of Processes Post Pandemicare invited. STEM faculty members, administrators, and students from 2- and 4-year colleges and universities, within and beyond the network, are welcome to present on the following subthemes:
- The evolution of COVID-19 induced online platforms for instructional and research innovations to the face-to face platform
- The impact of COVID-19 on mental health and classroom engagement
- Establishing and maintaining equity and inclusion in a COVID-19 environment
- COVID-19 factors that now shape potential policy changes
- Lessons learned on effective STEM instruction
- Workshops are 60 minutes in length
- Individual talks are 30 minutes in length and includes Q&A
- Lightning Talks are 10 minutes in length and limited to 3 PowerPoint slides (Introduction, Information, and Immediate Use Slide). Slides must be provided within 2 weeks of the meeting.
- Poster Presentation
- Student panel to discuss the impact of COVID-19 and innovative instructions (students from other universities are invited)
We encourage presenters to include active participation in all sessions.
In addition to the above presentation options, all attendees are invited to engage in the Showcase of Achievements and Successes and the Exploring Common Research Interests Session. For the Showcase, attendees are invited to provide a single PowerPoint showcasing a personal, academic or professional achievement. Instructions for uploading the PPT will be circulated to attendees. For the Research Interests session, attendees will cluster together in groups with related topics of academic/professional interest, and a directory of interests will be published. At time of registration, attendees will provide their topic of interest.
All proposals should include the following information:
- Full names of all presenters
- Institution of each presenter
- Session theme(s)
- Preferred format of presentation
- Title of presentation
- Brief abstract (250 words or less) to be used in the program if accepted.
- Participant learning outcomes (100 word limit)
All proposals should be submitted online by February 11, 2022. Participants will be notified about the acceptance of their proposal by February 22, 2022.
All presenters are responsible for conference registration fees.
Please direct proposal questions to:
Dr. Wanda McCoy
Coppin State University