Program Associate, Diversity, Equity, and Student Success (DESS)
The American Association of Colleges and Universities (AAC&U) is a global membership organization dedicated to advancing the vitality and democratic purposes of undergraduate liberal education. Through our programs and events, publications and research, public advocacy and campus-based projects, AAC&U serves as a catalyst and facilitator for innovations that improve educational quality and equity and that support the success of all students. In addition to accredited public and private, two-year and four-year colleges and universities and state higher education systems and agencies throughout the United States, our membership includes degree-granting higher education institutions in more than twenty-five countries as well as other organizations and individuals. To learn more, visit www.aacu.org
The DESS Program Associate is responsible for providing administrative and program support for grant-funded projects and summer institutes sponsored by DESS. These include the Institutes on High-Impact Practices and Student Success, and Truth, Racial Healing, and Transformation (TRHT) Campus Centers.
Duties and Responsibilities
These tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and assist with the implementation of the summer institutes on HIPs and TRHT Campus Centers
- Manage communications with project participants, institute faculty, speakers, and campus teams
- Provide administrative support for sponsored projects and institute application and selection processes
- Maintain and upload programming and institute attendance tracking as well as data entry
- Edit programs, brochures, correspondence, and other written materials
- Develop and maintain DESS and Institute web pages
- Prepare and handle mailings and correspondence
- Process expense reimbursements and bills
- Manage specified budget records, conference calls, project meetings, and webinars
- Maintain and organize DESS electronic files
- Collaborate with other DESS staff and internal offices on the logistics and programs for DESS events
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written communication, and editing skills
- Strong project management, organizational, and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills and database management skills, including MS Office suite
- Outstanding attention to detail, with understanding of larger contexts
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Dependability, flexibility, and strict confidentiality
- Experience maintaining and monitoring budgets
- An understanding of and commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to work both collaboratively, as a member of a team, and independently to accomplish goals
- Effective time management skills with the ability to balance and set priorities among many tasks and meet deadlines
- Self-directed ability to thrive in a fast-paced advocacy organization at the center of higher education reform
At least 1-2 years of work experience in higher education and/or meeting planning required. A bachelor’s degree is also required, and a master’s degree is plus.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter describing relevant work and educational experience to AAC&U, Box DESS, 1818 R Street, NW, Washington, DC 20009, or to [email protected]. Review of applications will begin on August 19, 2022.
AAC&U believes that a broadly diverse staff is critical to achieving excellence as a national higher education association. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with the full range of fair employment practices and non-discrimination laws.