Transforming Global Learning Practice: Time for Action
Conference on Global Learning
Virtual Learning Experience
Now is the time to move from reflection to action on transforming global learning.
The field of global learning, like higher education more broadly, has undergone a necessary period of reflection amid recent social, economic, and public health crises. To address the uncomfortable realities that have been uncovered, educators across the United States and around the world are reframing global learning to emphasize the intentional inclusion of those who have been excluded; equitable and reciprocal forms of engagement; cultural readiness to facilitate meaningful interaction and learning; innovation and versatility in curricular design, and the situation of diversity, equity, and inclusion within global contexts.
While much has been gained from this reflection and reframing, it is now time for action. The 2022 Conference on Global Learning will explore ways to put this new framing into practice at institutions of all types. Conference sessions will focus on:
- ensuring all learners participate in global learning
- connecting global learning to careers and/or community engagement
- designing and assessing global learning courses, curricula, and programs
- situating DEI efforts within global contexts
- focusing on global engagement in local settings
- decolonizing global learning practice
- integrating global learning outcomes into curricular and cocurricular experiences
- providing global learning pathways from general education to the majors and/or professional programs
- preparing students to process global threats to democracy
- embedding the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Learn More About the Conference on Global Learning
Watch this message from Dawn Michele Whitehead, Vice President of the Office of Global Citizenship for Campus, Community, and Careers.
Dates to Remember
Deadline to Submit Proposal
Deadline for Early Bird Registration
First Day of Conference
Last Day of Conference
A Virtual Conference
The 2022 Conference on Global Learning is a virtual conference, with all sessions being held online October 12 – 14. All conference participants will be able to view recordings of the sessions after the conference.
Through its Office of Global Citizenship for Campus, Community, and Careers (GC4), AAC&U promotes integrative global & civic learning through initiatives and practices that empower students to engage meaningfully and ethically with global challenges.
Statement on Event Locations
We are committed to ensuring that AAC&U events serve as educational spaces within which the higher education community can come together, engage local communities, and discuss the issues at the forefront of public debate.