Forming a Team and Creating a Strong Application
The March 1 application deadline has passed. Please contact Siah Annand at email@example.com with questions or inquiries.
Institute Campus Teams
A campus team typically consists of a team leader and four team members. Team leaders are most often senior academic or student affairs officers. Teams should be diverse and include faculty from a variety of disciplines. Teams should recruit individuals from various campus sectors that will be significantly involved in the projected campus work, as well as key individuals who could extend the reach of the action plan. In the past, teams have included faculty, provosts, deans, department chairs, student affairs educators, registrars, librarians, and students.
Application Components and Selection Criteria
The online application consists of an information section and a narrative section. The narrative should be clear and concise (maximum 1,500 words) and address the following prompts.
- Provide a brief summary of the institution’s context including an overview of student populations.
- Describe what led your institution to apply to the Institute. If your institution has attended the Institute in the past, how does the work you want to accomplish this year relate to past participation.
- How does participation in the Institute align with institutional mission and current academic or strategic priorities?
- Summarize the institution’s most recent efforts to improve student success and implement high-impact practices including which individuals/groups were involved.
- Describe how the work your institution will focus on at the Institute advances equitable learning outcomes across student populations.
- What specific goals do you plan to advance at the Institute? Based on data analysis is there a specific project or initiative you plan to develop at the Institute to advance your goals.
- What data were used to inform decisions to pursue recent efforts related to student success and high-impact practices?
- What is the rational for your team’s composition?
Applicants will be notified of the selection decision by April 5, 2018.
For further questions regarding the application process, please contact Siah Annand at firstname.lastname@example.org.