Schedule at a Glance
All times are EDT and are subject to change.
1:00–1:15 p.m. Welcome and Overview of Town Hall Content and Format
1:15–2:15 p.m. Supporting a Healthy Democracy
2:30–3:30 p.m. Educating for Effective Citizenship and Civic Engagement
3:45–4:45 p.m. Conveying Values: Pluralism, Respect, and Inclusion
4:45–5:00 p.m. Closing Remarks and Takeaways
Each session will include:
- Framing by a presenter, with questions for discussion; for example:
- How will presidents support civic renewal?
- How will colleges and universities collaborate toward solutions that unite, rather than divide?
- What are the best ways for AAC&U to continue to advocate for higher education’s commitment to educating citizens at a time of racial injustice and assaults on democracy?
- How can AAC&U support campus leaders and member institutions in navigating identity politics, cancel culture, the chilling of conservative voices, and legislative constraints?
- Small group conversations focused on recommendations and actions, led by discussants.
- Report outs on future commitments and frameworks for collaboration.