POD Organizational Development Institute
Leading and Participating in Campus-Level Change:
Risks, Rewards & Strategies
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Marriott Marquis Washington, DC
The POD Organizational Development Institute is a pre-conference event held prior to the AAC&U Annual Meeting each year.
Please join us in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday, January 20th for this year’s event and consider sharing this opportunity with administrators, deans, chairs or others on your campus who may be interested.
This institute will help attendees think through the ways in which their faculty development centers or committees are poised to participate in or lead new initiatives. It will also have relevance for faculty and administrators who do not have formal “centers” or who are currently in the process of developing a center. Participants will consider “big picture” questions such as:
- How can you balance your center’s need to provide more “routine” faculty support with participation/leadership in larger strategic initiatives?
- As you consider your involvement, what is the broader strategic purpose of this initiative for your center or institution?
- Who are the stakeholders in this initiative? What are the politics involved that might impact center involvement?
- How does – or might – the initiative tie into your center’s mission, the institution’s mission and the directives identified by AAC&U?
- What unique resources and expertise do you bring to support initiatives inspired by the AAC&U Annual Meeting theme?
- What are the potential benefits and risks of your involvement (or lack thereof) as your campus moves forward?
Institute Leaders: Suzanne Tapp, Micah Logan, Debra Rudder Lohe, Greg Siering
For more information and to register:
More detailed information about the Organizational Development Institute can be found on the POD website at http://podnetwork.org/event/2015-pod-aacu-odi/.