2013 PKAL Upstate New York Regional Network Spring Meeting
Wake Up Your STEM Classroom! Active Learning and Hands-On Techniques
- Keynote session by Susan Merkel, Cornell University on Active Classrooms: Shifting the Focus from Teaching to Learning
- Group activities to develop leadership skills and techniques
- Workshop led by Dina Neman, Rochester Institute of Technology, on Physical Models for Active Engagement and Improved Conceptual Understanding
- Poster session for attendees to present new pedagogical ideas
- Brainstorm session about the future direction of PKAL-UNY.
Click here to view the program.
- Session on Active Classrooms (Susan Merkel, Cornell University):Powerpoint; Handout on active learning strategies
- Session on Physical Models (Dina Newman, Rochester Institute of Technology): PowerPoint
If you have inquiries regarding the network, please contact Christina Shute (email@example.com).