2019 Southern California PKAL Regional Network Annual Meeting
Teaching Every Student: Practical Tools for STEM Education
There is a pressing need to train and support science faculty to educate the next generation of STEM scholars in an inclusive manner that allows all students to reach their potential. This meeting is designed as a one-day summit to engage two- and four-year faculty in the foundations of inclusive pedagogy. Conference attendees will gain new skills for teaching undergraduate STEM courses, develop a common vocabulary for equity and inclusivity in the classroom, and connect with faculty from other institutions to address common issues.
Concurrent workshop topics:
- Ideas to Action: Developing a Plan for Greater Equity and Inclusivity
- Aligning Faculty Work with Systemic Change: Making Teaching Matter in the Academy
- What Would You Do if... Addressing Challenges of Inclusive Teaching and Responding to Microaggressions and Bias
- Using BiochemAR: A Novel Augmented Reality-based Tool for Teaching Macromolecular Structure and Function
- Building More Transparent Assignments and Evaluation in STEM Courses
Abstract descriptions are available here.
Registration is online. The general registration fee is $55 and includes lunch; a reduced registration fee for adjuncts, postdocs and students is $30.