Call for Proposals: 2019 SoCAL PKAL Conference
- Poster Abstracts due March 3, 2019
- Registration deadline March 6, 2019
- Workshop Proposals due Jan 30, 2019 (CLOSED)
- Oral Presentation Abstracts due Jan 30, 2019 (CLOSED)
Posters: We welcome posters on all topics related to STEM education and STEM education research. We are particularly interested in presentations that focus on inclusion and equity in education. Please submit online an abstract (250 words) that summarize the goals, methods, and results of the project.
Workshops are 90-minute sessions that actively engage participants in developing a new skill, activity or classroom tool that can be readily implemented at their home institution. We are particularly interested in proposals that focus on the conference theme of "teaching every student," through approaches that emphasize inclusion and equity. To apply for a workshop, please submit online a brief description of the proposed workshop that includes the following components
- Brief abstract to be used in the conference program if accepted (250 words)
- Intended audience (100 words): Describe the background and level of experience of participants who would most benefit from the workshop
- Participant outcomes (100 words): Include tangible outcomes that participants will take home
- Participant engagement (150 words): Explain how the workshop will actively engage participants
- Background and description of work (150 words): Provide a brief biography of the workshop facilitators, including any work related to equity, diversity, inclusion, and/or the transfer process
Oral Presentations are 15 minutes (plus time for questions) and are intended for speakers to share successful academic projects they have conducted. All topics related to STEM education and STEM education research are welcome, but we are particularly interested in presentations that focus on inclusion and equity in education. Please submit online an abstract (250 words) that summarize the goals, methods, and results of the project.