Call for Workshop Proposals and Poster Abstracts
SoCal PKAL Regional Network 2017 Annual Meeting
Broadening Participation and Persistence in College STEM: Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Workshop Proposals Due: January 16, 2017
Poster Abststracts Due: March 1, 2017
Workshops (no more than two pages): Please submit a brief description of the proposed workshop (90 minutes). Workshop proposals should include the following components:
- Brief abstract to be used in the conference program if accepted (250 words)
- Intended audience (100 words): Describe the level of experience with equity, diversity, inclusion, and/or the transfer process for participants who would most benefit from the workshop
- Participant outcomes (100 words): Include tangible outcomes that participants will take home
- Participant engagement (150 words): Explain how the workshop will actively engage participants
- Background and description of work (150 words): Provide a brief biography of yourself including your work related to equity, diversity, inclusion, and/or the transfer process
Posters: Please submit an abstract (250 words) describing an inclusive and/or equitable project at your home institution in which you play a key role.
Submissions should be sent by email to email@example.com with subject line “SoCal PKAL 2017 annual meeting proposal.” Deadline for workshops proposals is January 16, 2017. Poster abstracts can be submitted with registration, which closes on March 1, 2017.