2015 PKAL Upstate New York Regional Network Fall Meeting
How Learning Strategies and Spaces can Help Engage Student Learning in STEM
What to expect
- Featured speaker: Dr. Kate Denniston (NSF). Topic: National Science Foundation Opportunities to Promote Student Success
- Workshops on Developing Collaborations to improve STEM Education and Brainstorming on NSF IUSE Proposals
- Workshop integrating undergraduate research in laboratory courses
- Workshop on the use of space to foster collaboration and inquiry
- Poster session for attendees to present new pedagogical ideas
- Brainstorm session about the future direction of PKAL-UNY.
Registration is online. The registration fee is $55 per person and includes lunch and materials; payment is due at registration. The registration deadline is September 21.
Call for Posters
Poster guidelines are available here.
Event Schedule & Location
Event registration will take place from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm in the Atrium and Kelly Family Auditorium in the Fredonia Science Center at Fredonia. Click here for the event schedule.
Directions to campus: See the Fredonia web for driving directions.
Parking: Visitor parking is available in lot 16
Fredonia Campus Map: Click here for campus map
If you have inquiries regarding the network, please contact Christina Shute (email@example.com).