Call for Posters: Upstate New York Regional Network Meeting
About the Poster Session
The poster topics for the upcoming PKAL regional network meeting may include:
- Real-world problem solving
- Multidisciplinary approaches
- STEM Outreach Projects for K-12, college, or underrepresented groups
- Service learning in STEM courses
- Novel approaches to courses or curriculum
- Wholesale curricular reform
- Leadership experiences/opportunities for STEM faculty and students
- New laboratory development
The poster session is a valuable way to initiate conversations with colleagues with similar interests. Poster sessions lend themselves well to combining visual displays of key information with written materials and small group interaction. Posters may include display charts, diagrams, pictures, and/or graphs that depict program components, findings, samples of student work, participant testimony, and so forth.
To be considered for the poster session, please submit the following information no later than Tuesday, October 21, 2014. Submissions should be emailed to Dr. Lydia Tien at firstname.lastname@example.org. Poster applicants will be notified of their acceptance by October 24, 2014. Applicants are encouraged to register before hearing back about poster acceptance.
Title of Poster
Abstract (limit description to 250 words)
Presenter(s) Name and Affiliation
Posters should be no larger than 48 inches in width by 36 inches in height and will be hung on provided poster boards with push pins.