2013 PKAL Atlanta Regional Network Fall Meeting
Tech in Teaching
Generously supported by the Office of the Dean of Sciences at Georgia Tech and the PKAL Atlanta Regional Network
The goal of the PKAL Atlanta Regional Network is to facilitate greater engagement of STEM faculty and administrators to implement more effective, learner-centered teaching strategies to improve student learning and success in STEM education. The PKAL Atlanta Regional Network fall meeting will focus on the use of technology in teaching. Sessions highlights include
- using technology to enhance student projects;
- using technology in the interactive classroom;
- exploration of the hands-on technology lab used in Georgia Tech's physics MOOC, "The World is Your Lab".
Download the agenda (pdf)
Since the theme of this conference involves technology, it will be helpful for you to have some personal technology with you. So, if possible, please bring a laptop, and a smart phone, tablet, etc. We will have other options where necessary for those of you without such devices.
Directions to Campus, Maps & Parking
Directions by Car
- Georgia Institute of Technology is located in downtown Atlanta, just off of I75/85.
- Georgia Tech Visitor Information
- Written directions to Georgia Tech
- Map to Clough Learning Commons
- Directions from Student Center Lot (W02) to Clough Undergraduate Learning Commons
Directions by MARTA and Georgia Tech Trolley
- There are two possibilities to those who wish to ride MARTA:
1. Get off at the Midtown stop and ride the GT trolley to the "transit hub" stop, then walk the very short distance to Clough (noted on the trolley route map)
2. Get off at the North Avenue stop and walk to campus - it is about a 15-20 minute walk depending on how fast you walk.
[Note: According to GT Parking and Transportation, the trolley schedule will not be affected by the fall break holiday on campus].
- Georgia Tech Trolley Schedule
- Map with Tech Trolley Route
- Map from Trolley Stop to Clough Undergraduate Learning Commons
The closest parking lot to the Clough Undergraduate Learning Commons is the Student Center Lot (W02; Click here for map). There is a $20 fee for campus parking; ride-sharing is encouraged. Click here for Parking fee information is posted here. Alternatively, MARTA is another option (see maps/trolley information above).
Please contact Christina Shute, PKAL Program Coordinator, at 202-884.7439; firstname.lastname@example.org.