PKAL Regional Network: Atlanta
Vision & Goals
The goal of PKAL regional networks is to facilitate greater engagement of STEM faculty and administrators to implement more effective, learner-centered teaching strategies to improve student learning and success in STEM education. The PKAL Atlanta Regional Network currently focuses on the following areas of emphasis for its Network:
- Organizing bi-annual regional workshops where faculty can showcase, share, and discuss ideas and experiences
- Forming teams of faculty from different institutions who teach similar courses to collaborate on new pedagogies
- Bringing in high profile speakers
- Interdisciplinary initiatives geared toward solving a common curricular challenges
- Rotating open-houses to showcase programs, facilities and events at different campuses.
PKAL workshop philosophy is that:
- Participants will learn through active, experiential pedagogy, with workshop facilitators serving as role models
- Participants will discuss “what works” and “how we know”, and leave with an action plan for their course or program
- Participants will have the opportunity for disciplinary and cross-disciplinary discussions and collaborations.