Independent Affiliates Program
AAC&U is an institutional membership association. Our mission is to advance the vitality and public standing of liberal education by making quality and equity the foundations for excellence in undergraduate education in service to democracy.
We recognize that many individuals outside our institutional membership share our commitment to liberal education, quality, and equity in undergraduate learning. The Independent Affiliates Program provides the opportunity for these colleagues to get involved and to become part of this larger community.
The annual enrollment fee for the Independent Affiliates Program is $70.
In appreciation of this demonstration of engagement and support, Independent Affiliates will receive subscriptions to AAC&U’s print periodicals (Liberal Education, Diversity & Democracy, Peer Review) and our regular online communications (AAC&U News and Liberal Education News Watch).
The Independent Affiliates Program is open to:
- Faculty of all ranks and types at nonmember institutions*
- Undergraduate and graduate students at nonmember institutions*
- Professional staff at nonmember institutions*
- Independent scholars
- Retired faculty and administrators
- Alumni leaders
- Business and community leaders
* Faculty, students, and professional staff at AAC&U member institutions are not eligible to enroll in the Independent Affiliates Program. Instead, these colleagues are invited to join the Associates Program—also available at $70 per year—to deepen their engagement with AAC&U.
We hope you will join the AAC&U community, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Please click here to complete an application and enroll in the Independent Affiliates Program.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.