Eligibility and Dues
Institutions that are eligible to join AAC&U and the criteria considered for associated dues rates are outlined below:
AAC&U membership is open to:
- Any U.S. degree granting, higher education institution that is accredited by one of the six regional accrediting associations
- Any non-U.S., degree granting higher education institution that is authorized to grant degrees by its respective national ministry of education
- Any U.S. college or university system office
- Any U.S. higher education agency
- Any U.S. non-degree granting, 501(c)(3) organization that shares a compatible mission with AAC&U
AAC&U’s strength lies in an inclusive membership comprised of institutions from all sectors of higher education, system offices, international affiliates, and other nonprofit organizations.
To respect this diversity, AAC&U dues are not set at a standard rate, but rather dependent upon the category of institution.
- Eligible U.S. degree granting institutions
Dues are based upon full-time equivalent enrollment (FTE) and/or education and general expenditures as reflected by reported IPEDS data.
- Eligible non-U.S. degree granting institutions
Dues are based upon full-time equivalent enrollment (FTE).
- Eligible non-degree granting, 501(c)(3) institutions
Eligible U.S. college or university system offices
Eligible U.S. higher education agencies
Dues are based upon budget.
AAC&U dues are calculated on a fiscal year basis, beginning July 1st and ending June 30th . Your institution, however, can join at any time with dues prorated accordingly.
To determine the dues rate for your institution, please contact Stephenie Brooks-Maynard, Senior Director of Membership at (202)884-7435 or email@example.com.