Eligibility and Dues
Institutions that are eligible to join AAC&U and the criteria considered for associated dues rates are outlined below:
AAC&U membership is open to:
- Any U.S. degree granting, higher education institution that is accredited by one of the six regional accrediting associations
- Any non-U.S., degree granting higher education institution that is authorized to grant degrees by its respective national ministry of education
- Any U.S. college or university system office
- Any U.S. higher education agency
- Any U.S. non-degree granting, 501(c)(3) organization that shares a compatible mission with AAC&U
AAC&U’s strength lies in an inclusive membership comprised of institutions from all sectors of higher education, system offices, international affiliates, and other nonprofit organizations.
To respect this diversity, AAC&U dues are not set at a standard rate, but rather dependent upon the category of institution.
- Eligible U.S. degree granting institutions
Dues are based upon full-time equivalent enrollment (FTE) and/or education and general expenditures as reflected by reported IPEDS data.
- Eligible non-U.S. degree granting institutions
Dues are based upon full-time equivalent enrollment (FTE).
- Eligible non-degree granting, 501(c)(3) institutions
Eligible U.S. college or university system offices
Eligible U.S. higher education agencies
Dues are based upon budget.
AAC&U dues are calculated for a 12-month membership year, beginning January 1st and ending December 31st. Your institution, however, can join at any time with dues prorated accordingly.
To determine the dues rate for your institution, please contact Andrew Flagel, Vice President for Advancement and Member Engagement at (202)387-3760 or firstname.lastname@example.org.