Membership Operations and Database Manager
The Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U), a national higher education organization committed to improving the quality of undergraduate education, seeks a Membership Operations and Database Manager. The Membership Operations and Database Manager’s core responsibilities are to maintain accuracy and usability of the membership database, ensure the database is updated with member and constituent changes, and support all membership renewal and engagement activities. The manager interacts and engages with members, customers and prospects providing a high-quality experience and is knowledgeable of all products, services and technology platforms. This position creates consistent member value through coordination and superior execution of the activities related to new member onboarding, membership renewals/retention, and recruitment. The Manager will report to the Director, Membership in the Office of Advancement and Member Engagement (OAME).
AAC&U is recognized nationally and internationally as the leading association dedicated to advancing the quality, vitality, and public standing of liberal education and inclusive excellence in higher education. Founded by 150 college presidents in 1915 as the Association of American Colleges, AAC&U currently represents nearly 1,200 accredited colleges and universities of every type and size. AAC&U’s membership comprises large and small, public and private, two-year and four-year, domestic and international, secular and faith-based institutions; tribal colleges, Hispanic-Serving Institutions, and Historically Black Colleges and Universities; and entire state systems.
- Manage integrity and accuracy of database data to ensure optimal communications with members, prospects, and other customers. This includes screening and adding new prospects and relationship records to database, updates to email bounce backs, and processing canceled member records. Proofs data input and identifies records to dedupe as necessary.
- Track presidential appointments, terminations, resignations and retirements, institutional membership changes; regularly updating committee, affiliate and eligible non-member files.
- Communicate with staff as needed regarding changes in institutional membership status, prospects and other non-member data.
- Process new member applications, send membership billings, and acknowledges member payments.
- Prepare and distribute annual membership renewal dues invoices, enter dues payments into database, and perform follow-up collection activities in concert with finance and administration; works with finance to reconcile database and general ledger regarding membership and review and evaluate membership transactions.
- Disseminate new member information/kits and communications, participates in new member orientation activities and supports staff engagement initiatives to drive member retention and engagement.
- Create, generate and update membership data reports, lists and queries, and handles membership login and password requests.
- Assess and monitor ongoing membership data reporting needs and determine how to store/organize it in such a way that is easily used by staff and the organization.
- Use outbound communications (including phone contact) to follow-up with members, lapsed or prospects.
- Provide administrative backup support for scheduling new member welcome calls and orientation sessions.
- In conjunction with IT staff, make recommendations on database enhancements and improvement measures to maximize features and use of the system.
- Develop and run membership reports and queries as needed to verify/check accuracy of data entry.
- Assist in preparing monthly membership statistics as needed by Associate Vice President of Membership.
- Monitor and respond to member questions, concerns and requests, and other customer inquiries via mail, email, phone, and website.
- Performs other duties/responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Minimum four years of experience working with iMIS, or similar Association Management System
- Solid understanding of relational databases, data procedures, and data administration.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Access, MSWord, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Discretion and sound judgment on setting and adjusting priorities.
- Strong attention to details, well-organized with strong process and project management skills.
- Superb interpersonal and customer service skills to work with key audiences including members and staff.
- Excellent analytical thinking and troubleshooting skills in data records management and storage.
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines and manage priorities, with strong organization and priority setting skills.
- Ability to communicate with and work well with others with varying skills, technical knowledge, and levels in the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter describing relevant work and educational experience as a single PDF file, as well as salary requirement, to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin on December 15, 2020.
AAC&U believes that a broadly diverse staff is critical to achieving excellence as a national higher education association. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with the full range of fair employment practices and non-discrimination laws.