Membership Database Associate
The Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U), a national higher education organization committed to improving the quality of undergraduate education, seeks a Membership Database Associate to assist with various member services, registration, data entry and publication support. This position requires an individual with excellent customer service skills, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and the ability to multi-task.
AAC&U is the leading national association dedicated to advancing the vitality and public standing of liberal education by making quality and equity the foundations of excellence in undergraduate education. Its members are committed to extending the advantages of a liberal education to all students, regardless of academic specialization or intended career. Founded in 1915, AAC&U comprises over 1,400 member institutions—including public and private colleges, community colleges, research universities, and comprehensive universities of every type and size.
These tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Member Services Support
- Creates and updates member and customer records and monitors IMIS to ensure data entry accuracy and integrity.
- Provide password resets and unlock members’ accounts.
- Monitors four Outlook inboxes to provide member and customer care.
- Processes membership dues payments.
- Supports the membership application process.
- Prepares membership renewal invoices and coordinates the mailing.
- Process returned invoices and updates members’ records accordingly.
- Registration Support
- Processes payments for event registrations.
- Works closely with the Database Manager to troubleshoot and resolve receivable and payment problems.
- Coordinates pre-conference registration logistics.
- Creates and prints meeting badges and function tickets.
- Assists with on-site registration.
- Sets up Guidebook (mobile app) for meetings.
- Publications Support
- Processes orders, returns, claims and subscriptions in IMIS.
- Determines shipping prices for expedited and bulk orders.
- Researches and resolves problems with orders.
- Ensures the timely and accurate processing of returns and credits.
- Inventory Management
- Performs physical inventory of publications, and consults with Communications.
- Creates and updates inventory in iMIS as needed.
- Provides storage and retention recommendations to appropriate AAC&U staff as needed.
- Other Duties
- Provides front desk coverage as needed and available.
- Provides backup support for the mail machine as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. 2-4 years customer service and data entry experience. Minimum of two years’ experience with an AMS preferred. Ability to manage multiple priorities and meticulous attention to detail essential; working knowledge of MS Office required. In addition, qualified candidates will possess solid communication skills, the ability to handle confidential materials/information; exceptional interpersonal skills and professionalism; and proficiency with multi-tasking in an environment where priorities can shift quickly. Occasional travels to off-site meetings will be required.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter describing relevant work and educational experience as a single PDF file, as well as salary requirement, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin Friday, January 17, 2020.
AAC&U believes that a broadly diverse staff is critical to achieving excellence as a national higher education association. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with the full range of fair employment practices and non-discrimination laws.