Joining the LEAP Campus Action Network
In joining the LEAP Campus Action Network (CAN), AAC&U member institutions pledge to proactively advance liberal education for all students, including those historically underserved by higher education. CAN members further agree to develop and publicize curricular, co-curricular, and pedagogical practices that help students achieve essential liberal education outcomes.
CAN Member Benefits
CAN builds the capacity of campus and organizational partners to:
- Communicate effectively about the value of a liberal education with both on- and off-campus constituents
- Assess and improve efforts to ensure that all students are achieving essential learning outcomes
- Learn about promising practices that work
Other CAN member benefits include:
- Free LEAP Workshops – Invitations to free regional workshops (held in conjunction with AAC&U Network for Academic Renewal conferences) on topics of interest to CAN members.
- LEAP Forums – Invitations to LEAP forums at AAC&U annual meetings that explore how CAN institutions can take advantage of LEAP partnerships and work to advance educational change.
- Campus visibility – Invitations to showcase promising practices through LEAP forums and workshops; AAC&U conferences; and AAC&U’s Web site and publications.
- 25% introductory discount on AAC&U Associate Membership – Enjoy the benefits of AAC&U Associate Membership at a discounted rate.
- Access to resources – Print and Web resources on liberal education and special notices about AAC&U programs and projects.
These benefits are outlined in a CAN flyer (pdf) that can be shared with colleagues.
Joining CAN is simple and free for AAC&U member institutions.
- Click on the CAN member list to check and see if your institution is already in CAN.
- If not, complete the CAN membership form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to obtain the endorsement of your institution’s president and chief academic officer and to designate a CAN liaison who will receive LEAP materials and special announcements. The liaison should be someone well-positioned to coordinate and lead educational improvement efforts.
If your institution is not an AAC&U member, visit the AAC&U membership page for further information about the application process and the many benefits—including CAN participation—available to AAC&U members.
LEAP Campus Action Network Contact
- C. Edward Watson, Associate Vice President for Quality, Advocacy, and LEAP Initiatives email@example.com.