Program Associate/Assistant to the VP: Office of Quality, Curriculum and Assessment
The Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U), a national higher education organization committed to improving the quality of undergraduate education, seeks a bright, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and creative individual with college experience for the position of Program Associate/Assistant to the VP in the Office of Quality, Curriculum and Assessment (OQCA).
With over 1400 college and university members, AAC&U works to improve the quality of undergraduate education with special attention to student learning, curriculum design, innovative pedagogies, and inclusive institutional policies. The OQCA office has several current and planned initiatives related to assessment, general education and curriculum, and the quality of demonstrated student learning proficiency. The Program Associate will have responsibilities related to several of these areas, contributing to programmatic and administrative operations, coordinating project activities, creating, monitoring and reconciling budgets, and maintaining communication with faculty, staff, and administrators on campuses through traditional correspondence and web-based platforms for project implementation. The Program Associate will also work collaboratively across AAC&U offices as projects and meetings may require.
The Program Associate position serves in an administrative support capacity for the OQCA Vice President, Associate and Assistant Vice Presidents while assuming more event planning and coordination and database involvement in support of the office’s VALUE Institute and programmatic initiatives. It requires excellent oral, written, and web-based communication, especially with higher education institutions and individuals, project implementation, research and data manipulation skills, and experience with budget creation and maintenance. Candidate must be able to work both collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and independently with diverse co-workers and constituents.
- Provide logistical and administrative support to OQCA’s vice president and the office’s large-scale, grant-funded projects, including budget creation and management, calendaring, travel arrangements, invoicing, and record-keeping;
- Contribute to new and/or curating and maintaining existing databases critical to the work of the VALUE Institute, OQCA and AAC&U;
- Support all office staff as needed across the OQCA office;
- Support the preparation of professional communications with individuals and organizations;
- Support the preparation of analytical reports and research papers, and power point/graphical presentations to external or internal audiences;
- Support the creation of OQCA data, materials, resources, presentations, etc. for both internal and external audiences;
- Provide organizational support and leadership for an annual Institute on General Education and Assessment, and other project meetings as required;
- Serve as a liaison between OQCA and the other AAC&U offices in support of cross-functional projects;
- Available for intermittent travel.
- Be familiar with higher education, and experience with and/or knowledge of curriculum and faculty development; and
- Meaningfully contribute to other office needs as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years’ professional experience in a fast-paced professional setting, preferably at university or college setting.
- Demonstrated experience successfully executing a large-scale project, from conceptualization through completion.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience designing, inputting, manipulating, and/or curating relational databases.
- Ability to work effectively in settings of social and intellectual diversity.
- Ability to take direction, assume increasingly independent responsibility, and provide appropriate follow up on project-based work.
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter describing relevant work and educational experience as a single PDF file, as well as salary requirement, to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin on Wednesday, May 15, 2019.
AAC&U believes that a broadly diverse staff is critical to achieving excellence as a national higher education association. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with the full range of fair employment practices and non-discrimination laws.