Other Pages in this Section
Membership and Events Coordinator: Office of Advancement and Member Engagement
The Association of American Colleges & Universities (AAC&U) seeks a dynamic, motivated individual for the position of Membership and Events Coordinator. The Coordinator supports the planning and execution of a range of activities and responsibilities, including event registration processing and execution, member services, recruitment and retention, and data collection/entry.
AAC&U is the leading national association dedicated to advancing the vitality and public standing of liberal education by making quality and equity the foundations of excellence in undergraduate education. Its members are committed to extending the advantages of a liberal education to all students, regardless of academic specialization or intended career. Founded in 1915, AAC&U comprises over 1,400 member institutions—including public and private colleges, community colleges, research universities, and comprehensive universities of every type and size.
The Membership and Events Coordinator is a valuable member of the Advancement and Membership Engagement team. This position supports the Manager for Event Registration and Database Services as well as the Membership Director, providing prompt, courteous and responsive customer service, internally and externally.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Membership and data support
- Responds to phone and email inquiries; Promotes membership benefits to members and non-members.
- Prepares and mails materials for prospective members as directed by Director for Membership;
- Researches, updates, and maintains accuracy of institutional membership data.
- Prepares and distributes reports as required. Analyzes reports and resolves discrepancies. Assists Database Administrator with removing duplicate accounts and maintaining database reliability.
- Adds and updates records related to orders, subscriptions, and meeting registrations.
- Assists Manager, Event Registration and Member Services with processing meeting; assists with other meeting support functions (e.g., printing badges, mailings, etc.).
- Sets up Mobile Event Guides for conferences and institutes.
- Manages on-site registration at conferences as needed (and publication sales).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or higher is required; a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum two years’ data entry and customer service experience preferred.
- Familiarity with iMIS and non-profit organizations is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills required.
- Ability to multi-task required.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
This position is full-time. Salary commensurate with experience. Please submit a resume and a cover letter describing relevant work and educational experience to AAC&U, Box OAME, 1818 R Street, NW, Washington, DC 20009, or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin November 13, 2018.
AAC&U believes that a broadly diverse staff is critical to achieving excellence as a national higher education association. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with the full range of fair employment practices and non-discrimination laws.