IT Web Specialist
The Association of American Colleges and Universities a national higher education organization committed to improving the quality of undergraduate education, is seeking a Web Developer who will serve as the primary administrator and strategic authority for AAC&U’s growing web and digital needs. This includes designing, building and maintaining websites, web applications and custom integrations that meet the needs of AAC&U. In addition, this person also supports the activities of the Database Manager by assisting with data analytics, data cleanup, reports creation and find innovative and new methods for delivery of membership data from the iMIS System. The IT Web Specialist will report to the Senior Director of Information Technology Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain branding and functionality of aacu.org to ensure the site fully supports the marketing and communications objectives of the organization
- Responds to organization-wide requests for website edits or additions
- Be a key member of the new Website Redesign Project. This includes:
- Engaging with all internal stakeholders to make necessary policy, protocol and design decisions needed for the new website implementation
- Configuring the system and provide expertise as needed in creating pages, forms, and integration with iMIS and other services
- Maintain a complete project schedule, making it constantly visible to Management and other key stakeholders, and riving it through completion
- Documenting the project work
- Draft documentation for web applications and codes
- Customize and support internal staff portal with iMIS
- Provide data integration support from back-end iMIS database and other web services
- Assist the Database Director in troubleshooting and repair of SQL applications and iMIS custom extensions
- Administer, manage and support AAC&U’s Learning Management System (currently Canvas)
- Develop, maintain, and produce all necessary end-user technical documentation and knowledge base for reference and reporting
- Determine opportunities to automate processes and functions, including seeking out opportunities to find inefficiencies in existing processes
- Support and train staff on technology applications
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Information Systems or related field.
- Minimum of two to four years web and database experience.
- Previous experience with AMS platforms (iMIS preferred) and CMS (Drupal, Wordpress etc.)
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 AA accessibility standards and its implementation
- Proven ability to learn new products and platforms, develop technical knowledge and apply new skills in a high paced environment
- Solid understanding of web standards and usability methods
Salary commensurate with experience; plus exceptional benefits. Please submit a résumé, a cover letter describing relevant and salary requirements to: AAC&U, Box SDSS, 1818 R Street, NW, Washington, DC 20009 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin Monday, September 9, 2019.
AAC&U believes that a broadly diverse staff is critical to achieving excellence as a national higher education association. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with the full range of fair employment practices and non-discrimination laws.