2022 Institute on High-Impact Practices and Student Success: Institute Goals
The Institute is designed to help campuses, higher education systems, and consortia embed diversity, equity, and educational quality into their missions and everyday practices. This Institute provides practical guidance, mentoring, and resources for campus teams to:
- Create a comprehensive action plan to advance equity, learning, and student success through the implementation of high-impact practices (HIPs).
- Develop innovative strategies for incorporating high-impact activities throughout the curriculum, co-curriculum, and across all modalities.
- Bring effective high-impact practices to scale through professional and leadership development, with a focus on using data to inform decision making.
- Build institutional capacity for faculty-led direct equity-focused assessment of student learning outcomes, as a result of student participation in high-impact practices.
- Bridge divides and build collaborations among program and across divisions to support student engagement, advance curricular coherence, and generate equitable outcomes.