2021 Institute on Integrative Learning and Signature Work: Schedule at a Glance
The ILSW will be offered in a virtual format. Each institution will be assigned a faculty consultant who will support the development of an institutional action plan. The ILSW will offer time for faculty consultation with all institute faculty, session and workshop participation, and team time for action plan development.
- Presentations are led by ILSW faculty. Teams should select the presentations most relevant to their goals and divide themselves between the various presentations offered.
- Challenge Sessions-presenters will provide brief framing and give a “prompt with a challenge” for individuals, duos, small teams, and the teams will spend 25-30 minutes on the challenge in breakout rooms. The groups will then come back together to share their plans with feedback from the faculty presenter.
- Planning Sessions-Sessions with foundational information to develop and create institutional actions around signature work, capstones, assessment, institutional change and leadership, project-based learning, equity, and/or high-impact practices
- Ignite Sessions-10-minute TED Talk-like sessions on topics of interest for teams
- Consultations with ILSW faculty provide an opportunity to discuss the specific aspects of your action plan and to refine it throughout the week.
- Team Time is for teams to share what they are learning from the workshops and faculty consultations, and to apply that knowledge to the development of their action plans.