2021 Institute on General Education and Assessment
Applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone that applied. Notifications will be sent by April 23, 2021.
Institute Campus Teams
A campus team typically consists of a team leader and four team members. Team leaders are most often senior academic or student affairs officers. Teams should be diverse and include faculty from a variety of disciplines. Teams should recruit individuals from various campus sectors that will be significantly involved in the projected campus work, as well as key individuals who could extend the reach of the action plan. In the past, teams have included faculty, provosts, deans, department chairs, student affairs educators, registrars, librarians, and students.
The online application consists of an information section and responses to the following prompts.
- Describe what led your institution to apply to the Institute. If your institution has attended the Institute in the past, how does the work you want to accomplish this year relate to past participation?
- Summarize your institution's most recent efforts to improve general education and/or assessment, including which individuals/groups were involved.
- What best describes the stage of your current reform efforts related to general education and/or assessment?
- What are some of the resource and/or political issues at play in the reform process?
- How does participation in the Institute align with your institution's current strategic priorities?
- Describe how the work of your institution will focus on each of the 5 GEMs design principles for general education.
- What are your top three needs/concerns related to general education and/or assessment reform?
- What is the rationale for your team’s composition?
- What do you believe your team can contribute to the Institute?
The application deadline is March 31, 2021.
Team leaders will receive notification of selection decisions by April 23, 2021.
Please contact Hannah Schneider at [email protected] or 202-888-0611 with questions or inquiries.
Due to the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, the 2021 Institute on General Education and Assessment will be a remote learning experience.
To provide opportunities for your team members to advance your own work, there will be both asynchronous and synchronous components. All Institute participants will have multiple "live" interactions with Institute faculty as well as access to asynchronous resources.