2021-22 Institute on Open Educational Resources: Application and Fees
Forming a Team and Creating a Strong Application
The applications process for the 2021-2022 Institute is now closed
Institute Campus Teams
We recommend that teams consist of a team leader and four team members. We encourage you to select a senior administrator as your team lead; however, this is not a requirement for participation in the Institute. Teams should include a diverse set of colleagues and may include senior academic officers, faculty members, librarians, CTL staff members, learning technologies professionals, or student affairs leaders. Your team may also include assessment and curriculum specialists and others with active roles in advancing OER, curricular reform, course design, student learning, and student success on campus. Although not restricted, a typical team’s minimum size would consist of five individuals.
The online application consists of an information section and responses to the following prompts.
- Describe what led your institution to apply to the Institute. If your institution has attended past AAC&U institutes, how does the work you want to accomplish in the Institute on OER relate to past participation?
- Summarize your institution’s most recent efforts to develop or promote free and affordable course materials, including which individuals or groups were involved.
- What are some of the resources or political issues at play in your campus context regarding OER?
- How does participation in the Institute on OER align with your institution’s current strategic priorities?
- Identify 3–5 specific goals that you hope to accomplish by participating in the Institute. What are your metrics for success?
- What are your top three needs or concerns related to OER in your context?
- What is the rationale for your team’s composition?
- What do you believe your team can contribute to others participating in the Institute?
Please contact C. Edward Watson at [email protected] with questions or inquiries.
The registration fee for the Institute will cover tuition, materials, technology, and consultation for a five member team.
- $3,500 per five-member team from AAC&U member institutions
- $4,200 per five-member team from nonmember institutions
Teams may add additional team members for a separate registration fee.
- $700 per additional team members for AAC&U member institutions
- $840 per additional team members for nonmember institutions
Additional team members will be charged one-fifth of the respective five-member team fee.
If you are uncertain if your institution is a member, an AAC&U member list can be found here.