Institute Goals: 2015 Institute on General Education and Assessment
To advance general education reform on campuses, teams will work to
- align campus goals for general education with institutional goals for learning and student development;
- develop intentional general education programs and instruction that are attentive to community-based and cocurricular experiences for the purpose of improving learning from cornerstone to capstone;
- identify strategies and practices for successful implementation of curricular/cocurricular change that reflect intercultural awareness within and beyond campus and attend to shifting student demographics, transfer challenges, and inclusive standards for student success;
- implement meaningful assessment strategies that target learning outcomes (including those critical personal and social responsibility outcomes often demonstrated through high-impact practices), produce useful data that can be widely communicated, and lead to meaningful improvement in teaching and learning practices;
- create a plan for action that enables team members to take thoughtful, strategic steps toward accomplishing their goals for general education reform and assessment of student learning upon return from the Institute.
Questions may be directed to Glenn Poole at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-387-3760 ext. 404