Institute Goals: 2021 Institute on Integrative Learning and Signature Work
The ILSW is designed to support faculty, staff, and administrators in leading institutional change that deepens students’ capacity to integrate knowledge and skills across disciplines and curricular and co-curricular experiences, transfer learning to new, complex experiences within and beyond campus, and embed learning into signature work. The ILSW provides practical guidance, professional development, mentoring, and resources for campus teams to:
- embed integrative learning and signature work within the student learning experience through exploration of assessment and best practices;
- promote equity-minded approaches to implementing integrative learning, signature work, and community-based global and civic learning at departmental, programmatic, and institutional levels;
- leverage problem-based inquiry and students’ exploration of big questions to connect campus, community, and future careers, promote integrative learning across general education and majors, and situate problems in local, global, and international contexts;
- develop practical strategies for equity-based assessment of students' integrative learning through signature work ; and
- empower leadership at multiple levels to facilitate change efforts aligned with integrative learning, equity, community engagement, and signature work.
Campus Action Plans
Teams applying to the ILSW will each propose an educational change project specific to their individual institutions. They will work with ILSW faculty to develop a campus action plan, and they will leave the ILSW with a developed an Action Plan for achieving their specific goals.
Questions may be directed to Jasmine Epps at email@example.com or 202-884-7429.