Institute Goals: 2020 Institute on Integrative Learning and Signature Work
The Institute is designed to support faculty, staff, and administrators in leading institutional change that deepens students’ integrative, civic, and global capacities over time. The Institute provides practical guidance, mentoring, and resources for campus teams to:
- embed integrative learning and signature work within the student learning experience through exploration of assessment and best practices;
- promote equity-minded approaches to implementing integrative learning, signature work, and community-based global and civic learning at departmental, programmatic, and institutional levels;
- leverage problem-based inquiry and students’ exploration of big questions to connect community and global engagement with signature work and promote integrative learning across general education and majors;
- develop practical strategies for equity-based assessment of students' integrative learning through signature work and local and global community engagement; and
- empower leadership at multiple levels to facilitate change efforts aligned with integrative learning, equity, community engagement, and signature work.
Campus Action Plans
Teams applying to the Institute will each propose an educational change project specific to their individual institutions. Teams will leave the Institute having developed an Action Plan for achieving their specific goals. Institute faculty and other participating teams will provide a draft Action Plans at the conclusion of the Institute.
Questions may be directed to Jasmine Epps at email@example.com or 202-884-7429.