We are delighted to have teams from nearly 60 colleges and universities representing the broad spectrum of higher education institutions attending the Institute on High-Impact Practices and Student Success (HIPs Institute) this June in Villanova, Pennsylvania.
- HIPs 101: An Introduction to HIPs - Gordon Uno
- Scaling HIPs 101 - Chris Navia
- Embedding Peer Mentors as a Strategy to Scale High-Impact Practices, Support Guided Pathways, and Promote Equity - Becky Wai-Ling Packard
- Creating Patwahys for Career Success for First Generation College Students - George Sanchez
- Launching a New Student Success Initiative - Judith A. Ramaley
- Assessing HIPs Well: Moving Toward an Institutional Assessment Plan - Tom Nelson Laird
- Closing the Equity Gap: Design Principles for Institutional Transformation - Vijay Pendakur
- Writing Intensive (WI) Design, Implementation, and Scale - Michele Cuomo
- Faculty Professional Development for Inclusive Teaching in HIPs: Cultivating Leadership and Promoting Sustainability - Becky Wai-Ling Packard
- Making Faculty Professional Development Hip Again: Intentionality and Reflection in HIPs - David Hubert
- Politics of Change: Taking a Student Success Effort to Scale - Judith A. Ramaley
- ePortfolio as a Large-Scale High-Impact Practice - David Hubert
- Curriculum Alignment: Bridges on the Pathway - Michele Cuomo
- Curating Community-Based Learning for Latino College Students from Diverse Socioeconomic Backgrounds - George Sanchez
- Designing Student-Centered Student Retention and Graduation Strategies - Chris Navia
- Student Activism as a High-Impact Practice - Vijay Pendakur
Program and Schedule
The program begins at 4:00 pm on Tuesday, June 18. The final event is a closing reception from 4:30-5:30 pm on Friday, June 21.
Check in on Monday is from 4:00-7:00pm.
Final Schedule (doc)
Action Plan Template (doc)
Campus Inventory (doc)
Cluster Assignments (doc)
Members of accepted teams should register for the HIPs Institute here. All accepted teams must have each team member register by Wednesday, May 22. If a central office will register each team member, please note that an account must be located or created for each person and the registration form asks for both contact and participation information (e.g. arrival and departure dates, dietary restrictions). Team leaders may pay the Institute fee with a credit card through the registration form or by check through the mail.