Forming a Team and Creating a Strong Application
Institute Campus Teams
A TRHT Campus Center team typically consists of a team leader and four team members, including at least one representative from a local community partner. Team leaders are often senior academic or student affairs officers. Teams should be diverse and include individuals from various campus sectors who will be significantly involved in the projected campus work, as well as key individuals who could extend the reach of the TRHT Campus Center. Given that the goal is to prepare the next generation of strategic thinkers, teams should consider inviting students to participate.
Application Components and Selection Criteria
The online application consists of an information section and responses to the following prompts.
- What led your institution to apply to the Institute?
- How does participation in the Institute align with your institution’s mission and current academic or strategic priorities?
- The goals of the TRHT Campus Centers are to:
- create positive narrative change about race;
- promote racial healing activities on campus and in the community; and
- erase structural barriers to equal treatment and opportunity within the economic, legal, educational, and residential components of the community.
Taking these goals into consideration, what is the vision for your campus TRHT efforts?
- What are your existing strategies for breaking down racial hierarchies and creating positive narrative change about race on your campus and in your community?
- What is the campus and community context for this work? How will your campus TRHT efforts dispel the belief in a hierarchy of human value that has fueled structural racism in our society?
- What meaningful alliances with key stakeholders, both within your institution and in the local community, will you engage and develop to help you achieve your TRHT vision?
- How would participating in the Institute help build equitable and inclusive relationships on your campus and in your community?
- What are the potential strategies your team will use to empower the next generation of strategic leaders and critical thinkers to engage with communities in transforming America’s racial narrative into an ascendant one? What are your key leverage points for change?
- What specific goals do you plan to advance at the Institute?
- What is the rationale for choosing the members of your campus team? What role(s) do you envision each person playing in your TRHT efforts? What experiences and expertise do these individuals have that will contribute to the team?
The Application Submission Portal is now closed.
Team leaders will receive notification of selection decisions by April 11, 2019.
Please email email@example.com with questions or inquiries.