Credit: City of Chicago Photo Courtesy of Choose Chicago
Welcome to the city that feels like home! Chicago is bursting with world-class, big city culture. But at its heart, it’s a Midwestern city – which means a warm welcome and genuine hospitality. No matter who you are or what you love, you’ll fit right in exploring famed restaurants, world-renowned museums, a jaw-dropping waterfront, groundbreaking music, Tony-award-winning theaters, iconic architecture designed by legendary architects, over 300 parks and green spaces and one of the most inclusive LGBTQ+ communities and 77 vibrant, ethnically diverse neighborhoods that are the heart and soul of Chicago.
Things to See and Do in Chicago
- A must see is the Millennium Park campus, the site of one of the city's most famous pieces of public art and best-loved selfie darlings, Cloud Gate (aka "The Bean").
- Stand in a tornado, or beside a U-boat, or deep down in a coal mine at the Museum of Science and Industry
- Take a photo with the lions in front of the Art Institute of Chicago which houses the largest collection of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist art outside the Louvre.
- Wander south to Grant Park, where Buckingham Fountain's dramatic water shows sync light, music, and action every 20 minutes.
- Eat Chicago-style pizza...and lots of it! And devour handfuls of popcorn from world-famous Garrett Popcorn.
- Embark on an epicurean adventure at one of 22 Michelin star restaurants and 40+ James Beard Award winners.
Shop 'til you drop at The Magnificent Mile which comprises of eight city blocks and has over 400 retailers and 275 restaurants.
- Challenge yourself at The Ledge (glass floor and all) at Skydeck, Willis Tower and TILT over the city at 360 Chicago observation deck
- Work up a sweat (or catch a sunrise) along the Lakefront Trail
- Bike, skate, walk, run -- and take in a little hipster culture along The 606
Chicago Maps and Guides
Miscellaneous Information and Resources