Executive Assistant to the President
The Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U), a national higher education organization committed to improving the quality of undergraduate education, seeks a self-motivated, detail-oriented, and creative individual for the position of Executive Assistant to the President.
AAC&U is the leading national association dedicated to advancing the vitality and public standing of liberal education by making quality and equity the foundations of excellence in undergraduate education. Its members are committed to extending the advantages of a liberal education to all students, regardless of academic specialization or intended career. Founded in 1915, AAC&U comprises over 1,400 member institutions—including public and private colleges, community colleges, research universities, and comprehensive universities of every type and size.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative, logistical and programmatic support to the President and Senior Advisor. Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic assistance to the president in establishing priorities for the office and for the president's external and internal commitments
- Coordinating the president's calendar and travel schedule
- Coordinating the president's correspondence, including electronic and telephone
- Processing expense reimbursements and bills
- Preparing and handling mailings
- Serving as a liaison between the president and AAC&U staff
- Serving as a liaison between the president and external colleagues
- Managing the workflow of the office
- Monitoring the budgets of the Office of the President, including grant budgets
- Coordinating the president's outreach to prospective, current, and past members
- Preparing letters, presentations, and other written and visual materials as needed
- Editing programs, brochures, letters, other written materials
- Posting information on the Association web site
- Database maintenance and maintenance of webpages related to the president’s office
- Developing and maintaining filing systems
- Assisting with meetings of the Board of Directors, including: schedule Board meetings; organize and manage the production of the Board papers; serve as a liaison to Board members; manage all logistics for set-up and oversight of Board meetings.
- Assisting with the coordination of and preparation of materials and mailings for meetings of the Presidents’ Trust and LEAP National Leadership Council
- Occasional travel to network meetings and/or Association’s annual meeting
- Special projects as needed
Bachelor’s degree and 4-5 years of senior level executive support experience required, preferably at university or college setting; ability to manage multiple priorities and meticulous attention to detail essential; working knowledge of MS Office required; knowledge of Access or related database, PowerPoint, and experience with software to maintain Web sites helpful. In addition, qualified candidates will possess solid written communication skills, including aptitude with proofreading and editing correspondence and reports; the ability to handle complex and confidential materials/information; exceptional interpersonal skills and professionalism; and proficiency with multi-tasking in an environment where priorities can shift quickly.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter describing relevant work and educational experience as a single PDF file, as well as salary requirement, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin Friday, August 23, 2019.
AAC&U believes that a broadly diverse staff is critical to achieving excellence as a national higher education association. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with the full range of fair employment practices and non-discrimination laws.