What Unites Us
Conference on Diversity, Equity, and Student Success
Loews Hotel in Philadelphia, PA and Virtually
Exploring effective practices, identifying solutions to emerging challenges, and leading change for the common good.
Discover What Unites Us
Hear more about the 2024 Conference on Diversity, Equity, and Student Success from Tia Brown McNair, AAC&U vice president for diversity, equity, and student success and executive director for the TRHT Campus Centers.
For those of us who have dedicated our professional careers to supporting the success of all students and to valuing their identities as core to how we design our educational spaces, these are challenging times. We are trying to figure out how to be advocates in circumstances that seek to dismantle the very work that we hold as foundational for student access and success in higher education.
At AAC&U, we are, and will always be, committed to a vision of educational excellence that is grounded in equity and inclusion, that provides the learning all students need for success in an uncertain future, and that prepares our students to address the compelling issues we face as a democracy and as a global community. This vision will be at the heart of the 2024 Conference on Diversity, Equity, and Student Success.
We must acknowledge and be informed about the current realities that are challenging the creation and sustainability of educational environments that seek to achieve a sense of belonging for all students. Yet, we must remain focused on what we know is foundational for student success—from inclusive and expansive teaching and learning practices to evidence-based recruitment, retention, progression, and graduation practices; from student engagement to effective academic and social program supports; from data collection and analysis to address inequities in student and educator outcomes to faculty and staff diversity and professional development.
AAC&U’s 2024 Conference on Diversity, Equity, and Student Success will focus on these topics and more. The conversations at the conference will be open to educators, students, administrators, policymakers, and community members. We invite open dialogues that are civil and respectful and that promote the free exchange of ideas and practices that support diversity, equity, and student success. What Unites Us is our shared responsibility and commitment to develop systems, structures, and policies that are centered in equality and justice for all.
- Understanding the Current Climate on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and What that Means for Student Success
- Designing Learning Experiences (Curricular and Co-Curricular) that are Inclusive and Expansive
- Developing Equity-Centered High-Impact Practices: Design, Implementation, and Assessment
- Utilizing Student Success Data and Plans to Set and Achieve Equity Goals
- Recruiting, Retaining, and Supporting Diverse Educators
- Leading Institutional Change to Support Higher Levels of Student Success: Strategies, Resources and Accountability
- Educating the Whole Student—Academic and Social Supports
- Examining Campus Climate to Support Student and Educator Belonging
- Designing Professional Development Opportunities to Achieve Strategic Goals
- Centering Student Partnerships and Perspectives in Change Efforts
- Preparing Students for Higher Levels of Academic and Social Mobility
- Strengthening the Institution’s Ecosystem and Partnerships to Advance Diversity, Equity, and Student Success
- Reimagining the Incentive and Reward System to Promote Engagement in Student Success
- Defining the Importance of Leadership and Support Structures to Achieve Equity Goals
- What’s Next? The Impact of SCOTUS Decision on Student Access and Success
- Expanding Truth, Racial Healing, and Transformation Efforts
- Preserving DEI Programs: Addressing Threats to Inclusion in Higher Education
- Best Practices at Minority Serving Institutions (MSI): Promoting Student Success and Inclusion
- Accessibility and Disability Inclusion: Resources and Support Across the Curriculum and Co-Curriculum
- DACA and Immigration Issues: Ensuring Support and Inclusion for Undocumented Students
- Humanities DEI Challenges: Inclusion Amidst Declining Majors/Minors
- Faculty Engagement with Diverse Students: Strategies for Inclusive Teaching and Mentoring
Dates to Remember
Call for Proposals Notices
Early Bird Registration Ends
Housing Block Closes
AAC&U’s Office of Diversity, Equity, and Student Success (DESS) accelerates institutional transformation by advancing equity and student success efforts in service to diverse populations, academic excellence, and social justice.