Marketing and Communications Manager
The Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U), a national higher education organization committed to advancing quality and equity in undergraduate education, seeks an experienced, motivated, and creative professional for the position of Marketing and Communications Manager. The position requires excellent organizational, writing, and communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively in a mission-focused, fast-paced, high-energy environment.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will work with the Senior Director for Communications and AAC&U staff to expand the reach and visibility of AAC&U and advance the association’s mission and goals. The Marketing and Communications Manager will support outreach and engagement efforts to AAC&U’s nearly 1,400 member institutions and help develop and execute marketing and promotion of AAC&U’s programs and initiatives, resources and publications, meetings and events, and subject-matter experts.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Managing media relations activities, such as developing and maintaining media contact lists, responding to media inquiries, and daily media monitoring
- Writing, editing, and distributing press releases and other communications materials
- Overseeing all aspects of AAC&U’s email marketing, including internal coordination, writing, editing, scheduling, and dissemination
- Helping to develop and execute communications/dissemination strategies for AAC&U’s strategic and grant-funded initiatives
- Developing and implementing social media engagement strategies
- Providing project management and marketing support for AAC&U’s webinar series, videos, and other digital content projects
- Providing writing and editing support for marketing materials, including website content, newsletters, ads, social media, brochures, etc.
- Managing multiple internal schedules and processes for AAC&U’s day-to-day communications and marketing activities
- A minimum three years of relevant professional experience in marketing/communications (association marketing/member engagement preferred)
- Experience with digital marketing, media relations, and online and print communications
- Demonstrated project management experience and the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet frequent deadlines
- Familiarity with social media management tools (e.g., HootSuite) and media database services (e.g., Cision)
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Interest in higher education issues (experience preferred)
Bachelor’s degree required. Salary commensurate with experience; exceptional benefits. The position is full-time and based in Washington, DC. Please submit a letter of interest with salary requirements and résumé to email@example.com, or to AAC&U, Box SEEDD, 1818 R Street, NW, Washington, DC 20009. Review of applications will begin on October 20, 2017.
AAC&U believes that a broadly diverse staff is critical to achieving excellence as a national higher education association. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with the full range of fair employment practices and nondiscrimination laws.