Website Manager, Office of Communications and Public Affairs
The American Association of Colleges and Universities (AAC&U), the leading national higher education organization committed to improving the quality of undergraduate education, seeks an experienced, self-motivated candidate for the position of Website Manager for the Office of Communications and Public Affairs. The Website Manager will play a collaborative role along with leadership in the development and implementation of the association’s digital communications strategy, online information, and Web communication programs. This position will work with leadership to ensure AAC&U’s online presence is coherent and aligned with AAC&U’s mission. The Website Manager will report to the Vice President for Communications and Public Affairs.
The Website Manager will be responsible for maintaining the functionality and appearance of AAC&U’s website and for evaluating and managing website performance. The Website Manager will collaborate with staff across the association to develop, maintain, and update website content and to ensure that the site advances strategic membership, communication, and marketing goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use the content management system (CMS) to create, edit, or delete pages and content, as needed. Train AAC&U staff on the use of the CMS and provide support, as needed.
- Ensure that all page content is accurate and up to date, maintain consistency of style and design across pages, and ensure search engine optimization and accessibility.
- Maintain, update, and oversee the implementation of the content tagging system to ensure accuracy and currency and to optimize content aggregation across the site.
- Maintain the overall functionality and appearance of the website. Ensure conformity with AAC&U brand standards.
- Partner with AAC&U staff to design and maintain webpages and content that effectively promote AAC&U membership, programs, events, and services and that advance the mission and strategic priorities of the association.
- Set up, maintain, and utilize Google Analytics to monitor search engine performance, make optimization recommendations, identify opportunities for improving the user experience, and provide reports for internal stakeholders.
- Track and analyze web hits, visitors, and user journeys; use analysis to revise site content and design and to inform internal stakeholders about user characteristics and behaviors.
- Serve as primary liaison with external vendor to meet AAC&U’s ongoing design and development needs and objectives.
- Oversee ongoing website maintenance, including plug‐in updates and redirect tracking.
- Special projects as needed; other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of three to five years of relevant work experience, including web, digital communications, content management, and/or marketing experience
- Technical skills and experience with the latest software applications used for web and electronic communications; expertise in working with Content Management Systems (Craft CMS preferred), Goggle Analytics, HTML mobile apps, Content Management Systems, and CSS
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communications skills, project management skills, and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage evolving content for diverse audiences
- Experience in graphic design, illustration, and video content planning
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to position communications discussions at multiple levels
- Motivated self-starter who is able to work independently
- An active listener with a sincere commitment to working collaboratively
- Experience in nonprofit, membership, and/or higher education organizations preferred
Salary commensurate with experience; plus exceptional benefits. Please submit a résumé and a cover letter describing relevant work experience to AAC&U, BOX Meetings, 1818 R Street, NW, Washington, DC 20009, or to[email protected]. The application review process will remain ongoing through January 15, 2022.
AAC&U believes that a broadly diverse staff is critical to achieving excellence as a national higher education Association. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with the full range of fair employment practices and non-discrimination laws.