The American Association of Colleges and Universities (AAC&U) is a global membership organization dedicated to advancing the vitality and democratic purposes of undergraduate liberal education. Through our programs and events, publications and research, public advocacy and campus-based projects, AAC&U serves as a catalyst and facilitator for innovations that improve educational quality and equity and that support the success of all students. In addition to accredited public and private, two-year and four-year colleges and universities and state higher education systems and agencies throughout the United States, our membership includes degree-granting higher education institutions in more than twenty-five countries as well as other organizations and individuals. To learn more, visit www.aacu.org.
The American Association of Colleges and Universities is seeking an experienced marketing professional who is passionate about writing and has a knack for translating complicated information into easy-to-digest messaging that attracts the attention and interest of various audiences. In addition to producing creative and effective marketing copy, the Manager will provide broad support for marketing and communications campaigns promoting association events, products, services, initiatives, and more. The position reports to the Director of Marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Director of Marketing, develop, implement, and execute integrated, omnichannel marketing and communications campaigns (as assigned) with a strong focus on short- and long-term revenue generation.
- Write copy for monthly e-newsletter, marketing/promotional emails, web pages, social media posts, and other items as needed.
- Create and produce compelling concepts, messaging, and content in collaboration with a variety of internal stakeholders to showcase the value of the association and its professional learning opportunities.
- Ensure consistency of branding and messaging across all written communications.
- Manage and optimize digital marketing campaigns, including SEO, SEM, and email marketing, to drive website traffic, lead generation, and conversions.
- Develop and report on KPIs related to marketing efforts and use analytics to inform continuous recommendations for improvements related to defined goals and internal benchmarks.
- Support the development of print and digital ads for external audiences.
- Attend association events, as needed, to support marketing efforts, such as live posting on social media platforms.
- Support media relations efforts via press release distribution and management of the communications and press inboxes.
- Collaborate with internal staff and external vendors to transform information and data into clear and thoughtful graphics and videos that tell stories in support of the marketing campaigns.
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- At least 6 years of marketing experience, preferably in an association or higher education setting.
- Outstanding written communication and storytelling skills.
- Strong attention to detail; ability to manage multiple projects in an evolving environment both individually and within a team, while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated understanding of email marketing and development of associated strategies.
- Responsive to needs of members, staff, and leadership, maintaining a service-oriented mindset, demonstrating high levels of professionalism, good judgment, diplomacy, and courtesy.
- Ability to travel as necessary, up to 4 weeks per year
- Familiarity with Google Analytics 4 and Informz, preferred.
- Graphic design and video editing skills, a plus.
Please submit a resume, cover letter describing relevant work and educational experience, and salary requirements to AAC&U, Box HR, 1818 R Street, NW, Washington, DC 20009, or to [email protected]. The application review process will remain ongoing through November 30, 2023.
AAC&U believes that a broadly diverse staff is critical to achieving excellence as a national higher education association. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with the full range of fair employment practices and non-discrimination laws.
AAC&U believes that a broadly diverse staff is critical to achieving excellence as a national higher education association. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.