Forming a Team and Creating a Strong Application
Excelencia teams can apply HERE. Thank you!
Institute Campus Teams
A campus team typically consists of a team leader and four team members. Team leaders are most often senior academic or student affairs officers. Teams should be diverse and include faculty from a variety of disciplines. Teams should recruit individuals from various campus sectors that will be significantly involved in the projected campus work, as well as key individuals who could extend the reach of the action plan. In the past, teams have included faculty, provosts, deans, department chairs, student affairs educators, registrars, librarians, and students.
Preparation for the Institute
Prior to attending the Institute, teams will be asked to complete a campus inventory, to complete pre-Institute readings, and to reflect upon existing institutional practices and what they hope to gain at the Institute.
The online application consists of an information section and responses to the following prompts.
- Provide a brief summary of your institution’s context including an overview of student populations.
- Describe what led your institution to apply to the Institute. If your institution has attended the Institute in the past, how does the work you want to accomplish this year relate to past participation?
- How does participation in the Institute align with your institutional mission and current academic or strategic priorities?
- Summarize your institution’s most recent efforts to improve student success by implementing high-impact practices, including which individuals/groups were involved. At what stage are your current reform efforts related to student success and HIPs?
- Describe how the work your institution will focus on at the Institute advances equity in achievement of outcomes across student populations.
- What specific goals do you plan to advance at the Institute? Based on data analysis, is there a specific project or initiative you plan to develop at the Institute to advance your goals?
- What data were used to inform decisions to pursue your efforts related to student success, equity, and high-impact practices?
- How does participation in the Institute align with institutional mission and current academic or strategic priorities?
- What specific goals do you plan to advance at the Institute?
- Based on data analysis, is there a specific project or initiative you plan to develop at the Institute to advance your goals?
- What is the rationale for your team’s composition?
- Is there other information you wish us to know as we evaluate your team's application?
The application is now closed.
Team leaders will receive notification of selection decisions by March 17, 2020.