Diversity & Democracy
Diversity & Democracy is a periodical published by the Association of American Colleges and Universities to provide campus practitioners with readily available information about successful diversity initiatives around the country. Diversity & Democracy aims to support academic leaders and educators as they design and reshape their diversity programs, civic engagement initiatives, and global learning opportunities to better prepare students for principled action in today's complex world.
Diversity & Democracy features the following items:
- The latest curricular models for diversity and global learning requirements
- Research on the impact of diversity on campus climate and student learning
- Perspectives on active learning for civic engagement and democratic action
- Effective campus practices that link diversity, global, and civic learning
Diversity & Democracy is specifically designed to:
- Illuminate the scope, accomplishments, and educational value of the campus diversity, global learning, and civic engagement movements; and
- Help practitioners learn to effectively articulate and communicate the educational value and success of their local diversity initiatives.
Diversity & Democracy is available both in an online version and in a print version that is distributed to faculty and administrators at more than 3,000 colleges and universities nationwide. AAC&U launched Diversity & Democracy in 2007 as an effort to build upon the success of its precessor, Diversity Digest. First published in 1996, Diversity Digest began as part of the Diversity Works initiative, which was supported by the Ford Foundation and in partnership with the University of Maryland.
Diversity & Democracy Staff
Kevin Hovland, Executive Editor
Kathryn Peltier Campbell, Editor
Wilson Peden, Associate Editor
Ann Kammerer, Production Editor
Michele Stinson, Production Manager
AAC&U Editorial Advisors
Carol Geary Schneider, President
Caryn McTighe Musil, Senior Vice President
Debra Humphreys, Vice President for Policy and Public Engagement