2018 Ohio-PKAL Annual Conference
Promoting Effective Learning in a Diverse STEM Environment
Ohio-Project Kaleidoscope (OH-PKAL) will hold its 2018 Ohio PKAL conference at the University of Mount Union in Alliance, Ohio on May 19, 2018. This year’s conference is entitled, Promoting Effective Learning in a Diverse STEM Environment. Proposals are invited and encouraged to showcase evidence-based practices that reflect any of the themes below, and that are poised for immediate uptake and adaptation in a wide range of institution types, including community colleges and minority serving institutions. Of particular interest are proposals that effectively integrate two or more of the conference themes. It is also expected that presenters be available at the time they are scheduled by the conference organizers.
The specific themes to be addressed with this Call for Proposals are the following:
- Fully Realizing Talents: Supporting Talented STEM Students from Diverse Backgrounds
- Promoting Effective Learning Across Teaching Environments
- Metacognition in a Diverse Environment
- Bridging the Gap: Ensuring Successful STEM Transitions
- Trailblazing Technology to Enhance STEM Learning.
For proposal guidelines, please visit here.