Project Kaleidoscope (PKAL) — Advancing what works in STEM education
2013 PKAL Summer Leadership Institutes for STEM Faculty
Baca Campus of Colorado College
Institute I: July 23 - 28, 2013
Institute II: July 30 - August 4, 2013
The 2013 application cycle has passed.
Information about the 2014 Summer Leadership Institutes will be available soon.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants will be selected from applicants who have submitted materials that include:
- Leadership Statement (one-page) that describes the applicant’s concept of leadership and how the Institute will help them reach their potential to lead a STEM education transformation project on their campus.
- Current CV (no longer than 4 pages)
- Cover Letter that also includes institute attendance preference: Institute I (July 23 - 28), or Institute II (July 30 - August 4) or either.
- Letter of Reference from a senior colleague that addresses the applicant’s promise as a leader in STEM education at the local, regional, or national level.
- Letter of Commitment from their dean or provost in support of the applicant’s efforts in implementing best practices for STEM education on their campus.
The institutes are designed for early and mid-career STEM faculty members who have been in their positions for at least two years and hold the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, or the equivalent. Emerging faculty leaders from all institutional types are encouraged to apply. Successful applicants will be chosen based on these criteria: potential for leadership development, clarity of leadership concept, coherence of described project (departmental or disciplinary) and its potential for impact, appropriate years of service and rank, and commitment from campus dean or provost to support the participant in their leadership development after the Institute. Women and minority STEM faculty from two and four year institutions are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants should send 1) Leadership Statement, 2) CV and 3) Cover Letter to email@example.com by March 27, 2013 by 5 pm Eastern. Letters of Reference and Commitment should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org separately from the authors by April 3, 2013 by 5 pm Eastern with the applicant name in the email subject line. Applicants will be notified regarding acceptance in late April/early May.