Presidents' Trust Employer-Educator Compact
The LEAP Employer-Educator Compact is a statement from educational and business leaders about making high-quality learning a national priority as employers seek college graduates with a broader set of skills and knowledge to fuel our innovation-driven economy. Through this initiative, college, community college, and university presidents are joining with local and national business and non-profit leaders to sponsor events and campus programs. They are working together to support the goals of LEAP and to provide students with more hands-on learning opportunities coupled with the broad outcomes of a quality liberal education.
As of March 2014, more than 100 college presidents and more than 170 business and nonprofit leaders have signed on to the LEAP Employer-Educator Compact and have pledged to work together to ensure that all college students—including those attending two-year and four-year, public and private institutions—have access to a quality liberal education that fully prepares them for work, life, and citizenship.
All the individuals signing the LEAP Employer-Educator Compact have committed to:
- Helping Americans understand the rising demands of a global workplace and the need for every student to acquire liberal education outcomes;
- Ensuring that all college students have access to experiences that help them develop the broad knowledge and intellectual skills needed for success;
- Expanding and supporting new designs for hands-on learning, including such things as senior projects, undergraduate research, and internships;
- Advancing the dual mission for American higher education to prepare students both for successful careers and for civic responsibility;
- Documenting progress in helping all students achieve key learning outcomes, including their ability to apply learning to complex problems.
April 2013 Compact Launch
A regional New England Employer-Educator Forum was hosted on October 28th in Boston, MA. For more details, please visit this link.
Contact Halim Rizk in the AAC&U President’s Office at email@example.com with questions.