AAC&U celebrated its 100th year of service to higher education in 2015. To mark this milestone, the Association devoted the entire Centennial Year to a far-reaching exploration of the connections between high-quality liberal learning and Americans' global future and the changes needed to drive equitable access to high-quality learning for the millions of students who remain underserved at all levels of our educational system.
During its Centennial Year, AAC&U hosted the following events:
Centennial Forums on Global Flourishing and the Equity Imperative:
- Centennial Symposium at the Annual Meeting | Washington, DC | January 21, 2015
- Diversity, Equity, and Excellence: College Learning and America's Unmet Promise | Los Angeles, CA | April 15, 2015
- Bringing Quality and Equity Together: How Higher Education Leaders—Together—Are Tackling the Deepening Equity Divides | Chicago, IL | May 29, 2015
- Bringing Quality and Equity Together: Mapping Guided Learning Pathways for First-Generation Student Success| New York, NY | November 17, 2015
LEAP Challenge Forums at Network for Academic Renewal Conferences:
- General Education and Assessment | Kansas City, MO | February 20, 2015
- Diversity, Learning, and Student Success | San Diego, CA | March 27, 2015
- Global Learning in College | Fort Lauderdale, FL | October 9, 2015
- Crossing Boundaries—Transforming STEM Education | Seattle, WA | November 13, 2015
Click here for information about bringing AAC&U's Centennial to your campus.
Additional Centennial resources:
- Carol Geary Schneider's message on the Centennial
- Centennial video
- Centennial commemorative booklet (PDF)
- Bringing Quality and Equity Together folio (PDF)
AAC&U thanks those foundations who have supported the agenda and activities of our Centennial Year, including Carnegie Corporation of New York, Endeavor Foundation, the Charles Engelhard Foundation, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the Kresge Foundation, Lumina Foundation, Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, The Teagle Foundation, and USA Funds, as well as the many individual donors who have made financial commitments to the Centennial Fund, which has launched the second century of AAC&U's leadership for liberal education.