Collaborative for Authentic Assessment and Learning
In 2010, AACU worked with a group of educational software vendors, representatives of open source platforms, and educational technology experts to define the functions of the Collaborative for Authentic Assessment and Learning (CAAL) centralized repository.
Funding was received to pilot the prototype data collection process that campuses would use to upload rubric scores to CAAL's centralized repository. The successful testing of that process took place with several schools, each collecting data from 100 student work samples, scored with one of the VALUE Rubrics (including Critical Thinking, Integrative Learning, and Civic Engagement).
CAAL Pilot Campuses
- California State University, Sacremento (Civic Engagement)
- Endicott College (Inquiry and Analysis)
- Queensborough Community College (Integrative Learning)
- Wagner College (Written Communication)
- Worcester State (Quantitative Literacy)