Information Technology Assistant
The Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U), a national higher education organization committed to improving the quality of undergraduate education, seeks a bright, self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and creative IT individual. The Information Technology Assistant will be responsible for providing IT support to the AAC&U staff, and will work under the supervision of the IT Director. The Assistant will be expected to work 35 hours a week. Ideal candidate will have experience providing IT assistance in the current version of SharePoint Online and be comfortable assisting staff with SharePoint needs on a daily basis. Knowledge of Apple operating system and troubleshooting experience is preferred.
The ideal Assistant should have excellent customer service skills, ability to troubleshoot problems, identify trends, and manage a challenging work load. Must have strong project management skills, and the ability to work well under pressure, and manage deadlines as a self-starter. Candidates with experience in additional areas of knowledge such as HTML and web design are a plus. Must be able to lift up to 40lbs when moving equipment around.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to and maintain association wide IT strategy.
- Manage short and long term IT projects, engaging the team as needed.
- Setup new computers and new staff inboxes/usernames.
- Assist staff with efficient and maximum use of the SharePoint and Office 365 environment.
- Respond to Helpdesk messages. Track and identify patterns of request to the helpdesk that could predict potential threats to IT network.
- Assist with and test backups and restores proactively.
- Inventory IT related equipment, manage maintenance of computers, printers, and copiers.
Candidate Experience Requirements
- Should have completed an IT-related degree.
- Should have 2-3 years’ experience, preferably in a non-profit or higher education environment where attention to detail and independence is often required.
- Interest in and aptitude to take on new IT projects as needs emerge.
- Should have strong computer skills, including experience working with SharePoint, Windows 10, MAC OS, Office 365, Networking, Hardware, and Virus Scanning programs.
- Server and Active Directory experience a plus.
- Strong trouble shooting and communication skills are a must.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please submit a resume, three references, and a cover letter describing relevant work, salary preferences, and educational experience preferably by July 10, 2017, to email@example.com.
AAC&U believes that a broadly diverse staff is critical to achieving excellence as a national higher education association. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with the full range of fair employment practices and non-discrimination laws.